Iscritto al New York Bar
Telefono Roma: 06 6876917
Fax: 06 68192116
Curriculum in formato .pdf
Thomas F. McInerneyOf Coursel
Thomas F. McInerney è un avvocato internazionale con diciassette anni di esperienza in materia di diritto societario ed internazionale.
Per otto anni è stato Consigliere Generale e Segretario dell’Organizzazione Internazionale di Diritto per lo Sviluppo (IDLO).
Si occupa dell’assistenza a società nell’ambito dei rischi di non conformità in materia regolamentare e di reati economici. Assiste clienti in tutto il mondo riguardo a problematiche di conformità con leggi statunitensi e internazionali ed assiste clienti americani relativamente a problematiche di conformità a livello nazionale nelle operazioni con l’estero.
Ha lavorato a lungo in material di anti-corruzione ed ha curato lo sviluppo dei Principi Aziendali per la Lotta contro la Corruzione, un importante strumento per la prevenzione della corruzione a livello societario.
Assiste inoltre organizzazioni internazioni su problematiche legali complesse in materia di governante, accordi con i Paesi ospitanti, conformità alle leggi nazionali ed internazionali ed in materia contrattuale.
Thomas F. McInerney insegna, in qualità di professore associato, presso la Loyola University of Chicago’s School of Law e presso l’Australian National University School of Law nell’ambito del LLM in Law, Governance, and Development.
- “The implications of how society regulates ownership of land, fisheries, and forests: New international guidelines on land titles and transactions”, Responsible Investor, 25 September 2012.
- “Tightening up on bribery: Changes to the OECD Convention”, Responsible Investor, 4 May 2010.
- “Regulation before Responsibility: The Limits of Voluntary Corporate Social Responsibility”, 40 Cornell International Law Journal 171 (2007).
- “Experience in Judicial Reform in Developing Countries”, Law in Transition (EBRD Magazine) (2005).
- “Implications of High Performance Production and Work Practices for Theory of the Firm and Corporate Governance”, 2004 Columbia Business Law Review 101.
- “Issues in the Development of an Anti-corruption Management System Standard,” in ed. J. Wieland, Standards and Audits of Ethics Management Systems: The European Perspective 148 (Springer, 2003).
- “The Regulation of Bribery in the United States,” 73 International Review of Penal Law 81 (2002).
- “Informal Justice and Socio-economic Rights in Post-conflict Countries”, Consultation of the Rule of Law Coordination and Resource Group, United Nations, New York, 25 March 2011.
- Panel Moderator, “Risk-based due diligence on third parties: Joint venture partners, agents, and consultants”; “Benchmarking to create a compliance program that is a perfect fit for your company’s risk profile”; “Minimize FCPA risks before, during and after M&A”; “How to set up an effective ethics training program: Secrets of Success; How to gain a competitive edge in high risk, high growth markets without fear of compliance”, Third Annual Global Anti-Corruption Summit USA, Washington, DC, 23-24 June 2010.
- “A Place to Call Our Own: Land Disputes and the Rights of the Poor”, United Nations University, United Nations, New York, New York, November 2009.
- Organizer and panelist, “Fostering Public-Private Cooperation in the Fight Against Corruption”, Conference of State Parties, UN Convention on Corruption, Doha, Qatar, November 2009.
- “National Strategies and Programming for Rule of Law Development”, Conference on Enhancing Global Rule of Law Assistance, United Nations, New York, New York, April 2009.
- “Rebuilding the Rule of Law from the Ground Up: Legal Reform Experience from Kosovo and Afghanistan", Santa Clara University School of Law, Santa Clara, California, January 2008.
- “Implications of Experience in Law and Good Governance Promotion for Land Tenure Reform”, Expert Meeting on Good Governance in Land Tenure and Administration, UN Food and Agriculture Organization, Rome, Italy, September 2006.
- “Constructing International Regulatory Regimes for Corporate Social Responsibility: Dynamics and Prospects”, Presentation to the Centre on Regulation and Competition, Institute for Development Policy and Management in the School of Environment and Development, University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom, February 2006.
- “The Emerging Regulatory Framework for Human Rights and Business”, Presentation at the International Bar Association Conference, Prague, Czech Republic, September 2005.
- “The Global Compact and Anti-corruption”, Presentation at UNDP Office, Cairo, Egypt, April 2005.
- “Improving Judicial Capacity to Further Property Rights Enforcement”, for the Third UN Economic Commission for Europe/Real Estate Advisory Group, Land for Development Programme Forum, December 2004.
- “The Role of Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives in Addressing Human Rights Abuses Involving Non-state Actors”, Panel on Addressing Violations of International Law by Non-State Actors, International Law Weekend, International Law Association, New York, New York, October 2001.
- “Standardizing Corporate Anti-corruption Compliance”, organizer and panelist, “How to prevent corruption in international business transactions,” International Business Law Committee, American Bar Association Annual Conference, Chicago, Illinois, August 2001.